Ars & Amici toured Italy’s Ligurian Coast, February 11-23, 2015. We were based in the lovely town of Rapallo with day trips throughout the region.
- Portofino, Mass at Divo Martino
- Rapallo, Mass at Basilica S Gervasio & S Protasio
- Bogliasco, concert with Coro S Maria di Bogliasco
- Rapallo, Mass at Santuario della Madonna di Montallegro
- Milan, Ash Wednesday service at S Ildefonso
- Genoa, concert at Cimitero Monumentale di Staglieno
- Genoa, concert at Basilica di S. Maria Immacolata
- Camogli, concert
- Monaco, Mass in the Cathedral
Our programs included sacred music by Croce, Scarlatti, Palestrina and chant, plus secular works by Nola, Azzaiolo, Monteverdi and Vecchi. Instruments were featured in works by Mainerio, Gussago and Grillo, as well as accompanying the choir.
This is a self-funded trip; fees include hotels (breakfast and some meals), group transportation, local walking tours and visits to historical places. Rates are per person/double occupancy; single rooms available at a surcharge.
Non-performing friends are invited to join our adventure. Please contact Ars & Amici’s program director, Sheila Beardslee, sheilabb [at] verizon [dot] net, for further details.